Emergency Vet in Antioch, CA
Your pet should not have to wait to be seen by an emergency vet in Antioch. Antioch Veterinary Hospital makes every emergency a priority and will work with you to not only ensure that your pet is seen right away but to give you peace of mind as well. The unpredictable nature of medical emergencies means that our team* is prepared to deal with the unexpected any day of the week during opening hours.
*Our Deer Valley location is open 7 days a week
Signs of an Emergency
Sometimes, the signs that a pet is having an emergency are subtle, but one thing is for sure—they can vary widely.
- Having trouble breathing
- Crying out or even becoming aggressive when touched (could be a sign of serious pain)
- No eating or drinking for the last 24 hours
- Sleeping most of the day
- Unable to stand or walk
- Shaking uncontrollably
- Walking gingerly and holding head at an angle
- Unable to pass stool or urine
- Bleeding from nose, ears, or rectum
- Has had vomiting and/or diarrhea more than once over the last 24 hours
- Possibility of broken bones
- Trauma from an accident or animal attack
If you notice any of these signs in your pet, call us right away at (925) 757-2800.
For After-Hours Care
If we happen to be closed for the day, please know that you can reach out to East Bay Veterinary Emergency for 24-hour emergency vet services Monday through Sunday.
Our After-Hours Phone Answering Service
Your pet should always have access to care if a medical emergency arises. GuardianVets offers 24/7 support to help pets get the care they need after hours.
- If you call our hospital after hours, you'll be connected with a licensed GuardianVets professional at no cost.
- Your issue will be triaged and either redirected back to our hospital or forwarded to VCA East Bay Veterinary Emergency.
- If you take your pet to the emergency hospital, we'll receive email notification of your pet's emergency visit.