Offering Advanced Pet Surgery Services
At Antioch Veterinary Hospital, we’re Fear Free Certified Professionals with a vested interest in your pet's well-being. We take significant steps to make surgery as safe and stress-free as possible by minimizing any potential risks and increasing the level of comfort our patients experience before and after pet surgery. In addition, we offer cryosurgery and laser surgery for a less-invasive approach that helps patients recover more quickly and get back to enjoying life.
If your pet needs surgery, schedule a consultation with us so we can discuss their procedure with you.
Surgeries We Perform
Antioch Veterinary Hospital is equipped to perform a variety of routine elective procedures such as spays and neuters, along with more complex surgeries for treating existing issues.
- Foreign body removal
- Tumor/mass removal
- Cystotomy (bladder stone removal)
- ...and more
Our Surgery Safety Policy
Our AAHA accreditation places us at the forefront regarding safety measures taken before each surgery.
- Every pet must undergo a pre-surgical exam and bloodwork.
- Our dedicated surgical suite has sophisticated tools, monitoring equipment, and warming systems.
- All veterinarians and technicians working in the surgical suite must wear sterile surgical masks, gloves, and scrubs.
- Surgical packs are thoroughly cleaned and sterilized before every procedure.
- A technician is standing by at all times to watch over your pet and monitor their vitals during surgery.
Instead of a traditional scalpel, we can use our surgical laser for your pet’s procedure. The primary benefits of this method include:
- Reducing bacteria risks – the laser kills bacteria in its path
- Reducing bleeding – blood vessels and nerve endings are cauterized by the laser
- Decreasing pain and swelling
- Allowing us to make a smaller incision and avoid damaging surrounding tissues
For the non-invasive removal of skin tags, cysts, warts, and other abnormal growths, our veterinarians can also provide cryosurgery treatments. With cryosurgery we apply concentrated, extreme cold to an affected area over the course of several treatments, until the unwanted tissue dies.