Cat & Dog Vaccinations in Antioch, CA
Cat & dog vaccinations are the most effective treatment for preventing disease. They increase your pet’s immunity to infection and make it possible for them to live a longer, healthier life. At Antioch Veterinary Hospital, we recommend vaccines to our patients based on their age, lifestyle, and current health. By protecting your pet, we also aim to prevent the spread of disease to other animals and people. Call us today at (925) 757-2800.
Start protecting your pet from infectious diseases by scheduling their first or next round of vaccinations.
Our Recommended Vaccines for Dogs and Cats
AAHA has specific guidelines about which vaccines are required for dogs and cats. These “core” vaccines are essential to your pet’s safety and continued health, since the diseases they protect against can be life-threatening.
- DHPP (distemper, hepatitis, parvo, parainfluenza)
- Canine flu
- FVRCP (feline herpesvirus 1, calicivirus, panleukopenia)
Lifestyle-Based Cat and Dog Vaccines
There are other, less-common diseases that may also be a threat if your pet’s lifestyle puts them at a higher risk for infection. Our “non-core” vaccine recommendations for dogs and cats include:
- Lyme – If an area is known for high tick activity, visiting that area puts your dog at a much higher risk for Lyme disease infection.
- Rattlesnake vaccine – Is your pet active outdoors? Rattlesnakes are common in California, and outdoor pets are most at risk of being bit. Our rattlesnake vaccine neutralizes rattlesnake venom and reduces the pain and swelling that occur at the site of a snake bite.
- FeLV (Leukemia) – Indoor/outdoor (and strictly outdoor) cats are more likely to come into contact with stray or feral cats that could be leukemia-positive. The FeLV vaccine protects cats against this potentially deadly disease.
Give us a call at (925) 757-2800 to schedule your pet's vaccination appointment today!